Friday, November 14, 2008

That Obligatory Post o' Introduction

The whole reason I'm writing this blog, I suppose, is that I'm both a music fan and (at least in the technical sense of the word) a writer. Among my projects was writing album reviews for Superstarcastic, and I really enjoy working in that format. But lately, I've been having a hard time writing, and generally just not feeling very inspired. I'm hoping that a new project based on something I love might help break me out of my rut.

So, in this space, I've decided to try and write a brief piece about each disc in my CD collection. (Yes, I still buy CDs -- I never listen to them after I upload them to my computer and iPod, but I do like how they look on my shelves.) The goal is for me not to just write a review of the album, but to talk a little about how I found it, where I got it, and what it's meant to me (which is sometimes everything, and sometimes almost nothing). In order to keep things at least somewhat varied, I'm using a random number generator to determine what order the albums will go in.

I have no idea whether this project will be of any interest to anyone but me, but if you somehow find this blog and find it of value to you, feel free to comment, or look me up at my last.fm page.

No comments: