Friday, November 14, 2008

Primal Scream, Screamadelica


Before I was 14 or so (which would be 1994), I didn't listen to anything except oldies radio and classical, spiced with the occasional country cut when my mom was in that sort of mood. As such, I don't have any "at the time" memories of music before that, and so I can only explain coming upon it later.

Screamadelica was one of those records that by 2004 or so I eventually felt like I had to buy -- I love dance and dance-rock, and this album is widely regarded as a seminal dance-rock album. That said, while I admire Primal Scream's work on this one, it's never really caught my ear, and I rarely listen to any of it outside of "Movin' on Up" and sometimes "Loaded." It's historically important, and I'm happy to have it in my collection for that reason if nothing else, but that in and of itself doesn't bring it to the front of my queue very often.

Release year: 1991
Purchased in: 2004?
Favorite tracks: Movin' on Up

No comments: